Thursday, May 26, 2011

MHS Graduation May 26, 2011









Another year has come and gone at Millcreek High School. I've been teaching 15 wonderful years. For our annual end of the year program the teachers dressed up as Elvis's and rocked out to some old Elvis songs. My solo was Jailhouse rock so I'm dressed in a black leather jacket. It was a hoot as usual. I think that the students enjoy it as much as we do. Stacy stole the show as Las Vegas Elvis in this white jumpsuit. Fun, fun, fun!

I had a great Teacher Advisory group this year and they represented so well. My graduates were Ian, Stephen, Lilo, Jesse, Vanessa and Austin. Vanessa was selected at Student of the Year and Ian was selected to give one of the speeches and shared a bit from Dr. Seuss' "Oh the Places you'll Go". I read that book to all of my students on the last day of school. It is a classic. I helped the kids put out a nice yearbook and had a headache for a week at the end of the year. I work extremely hard but to see these kids on Graduation Night makes it all worth it.

No comments: