Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day Phone Call from Elder Flake

We loved our Mother's Day phone call from Dawson serving in San Jose, CA.
He is doing great! Seven more months to go.... But who's counting! Me....We have a tradition on Mother's day that the children wash my feet and rub them with lotion and paint my nails. In reflecting on the life of Jesus Christ, taking care of and bathing someones feet is the highest service you can perform. It really means a lot to me. This year Andrew was the only one home so he got to perform the service. He did a great job but I didn't make him paint my toes! I love my children and am so proud of them. I enjoyed speaking to all of them today, even though three of them was via the computer! I usually get breakfast in bed on my birthday and Mother's Day but they were both on Sunday and Dan had early morning meetings. But I did get breakfast though and was treated nicely.

No comments: