Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Excerpt from weekly letter to our Missionary


Hi Lindsey,

I hope that all is well with you and that it is getting a little warmer for you. Grandma sent another package. Did you get it yet?

We just went and saw Grandma Flake and talked to Gr. and Gr. Datwyler. Gr. Flake and Apryl are flying back to Tenn. On Tues. to sell a lot of Gr. stuff and pack the rest away. I am glad that she is liking it here enough to decide to stay. The first couple of weeks, she wasn’t so sure if she was going to like it.

Danielle will tell you that Steve got called as the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric today. He will be great. Dad did a good job today conducting fast and testimony meeting. It is our stake conf. next week. Dawson and I had a meeting and planned Seminary Graduation tonight. It will be a busy month for him.

So I got to judge Rebellette tryouts on Saturday. Kori called me the night before and a judge had fallen through. It was really fun. The girls were all cute and good dancers. It was pretty easy to pick the best 14 though. It made me think of you a lot. I’ve always enjoyed watching you dance. I didn’t know any of the girls. I guess that is good.

I’ve been limping around all weekend because I pulled my hamstring in the back of my left leg. Friday morning we had a teacher work day and we had a relay to start out. You know how competitive I am and so I gave it my all as I ran the 50 yard dash at full speed. Well, my mind remembered how to do it, but my legs weren’t quite ready to go that fast without warming up. My legs just died. I had to be carried back. I couldn’t even walk. So I have been using a heat pad and cold packs and I can walk now but just with a little limp because I can’t straighten out my leg all of the way. Oh well, I’ve got to get back in shape so I can be in the boy’s 5 k race for track on the 9th of May.

Do you need to buy a phone card or anything to talk to us on Mother’s Day? Please let us know what your plan is. We have church from 11:00 to 2:00 but can make other arrangements me if you need us to. We are excited.

How are your investigators coming? I’m glad that you are finding ways to teach people. Did you find some good tennis shoes? So have you been jogging daily? Don’t you get hurt, too.

Amy Williams and the Ashby’s say hi. We went to her wedding reception last night. It was beautiful. They had a live band and were having a lot of fun. A lot of people in church have been asking about you.

Have a great week and we will talk to you soon.
Love,
MOMMY

No comments: