Monday, June 20, 2011

June 19, Father's Day and more Summer Sailstice Sailinlg



We enjoyed participating in the world wide Summer Sailstice sail day on Saturday. Here is Andrew's description of the events that he wrote to Dawson on his mission: I have a funny story. Saturday we went sailing at the lake with our new sailing club we were having a good time. Then dad told me to try sailing solo just for fun so I went out and was doing good and going fast and having fun. Then I was just casually sailing along and the wind wasn't even strong or anything and I was sitting too far back on the metal bar on the side and I just slid off. MAN OVERBOARD!!!. So I came to my senses and realized that the boat was still sailing along with out its captain across the lake. But luckily there were a few other sailors and one picked me up and another stopped our boat from running aground on the shore. I felt like a fool but nobody was hurt so it was funny.

Carlton opened his first Father's Day present while he was here. His mom and Lindsey bought him a little outfit for their future baby. On the front of the shirt it says, "I love Dad because..." and on the back it shows the backside of two panda bears, and it says, "he's always got my back!" So adorable. We do not know if this is going to be a boy or a girl. We will find out when he arrives!

Andrew and I enjoyed a nice day with Dan on Father's Day. We made Tennessee tacos and shared them with Art and Apryl and Grandma Flake and Brandy. It was a beautiful cool day and we loved talking to Danielle, Lindsey and my father in Logan. We enjoyed nice memories of Grandpa Flake, too. Father's Rock!

No comments: