Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weekend with Grandma and Grandpa












Mom and Dad came down for the weekend and we had a good time enjoying beautiful fall weather in St. George. We drove the loop up through Gunlock, Veyo and back to St. George. We watched the Jazz game on the big screen at Aaron's clubhouse. On Saturday we hiked up Water Canyon in Colorado City and got an ice cream at the dairy. The boys went on an amazing bike ride near Hurricane and Virgin. They did fine until Dawson hit a rock, got a flat, and went flying into a sage brush. He had to push the bike the last 3 miles but he said the scenery was amaznng. We'll go back to this one! We toured a pioneer museum in Hurricane while we waited to pick them up. That evening we went to Tuachan and watched a nice performance by the BYU Young Ambassadors. We enjoyed a relaxing Sunday and devourered mom's famous apple and banana cream pies. They headed home Monday morning and we headed back to work and school. Tell next weekend...

2 comments:

Mica said...

You guys are always so busy and active! I miss that! I guess it probably helps having teenagers instead of lots of little ones! (I guess I'm jealous until I realize I'm almost 8 months pregnant and that really doesn't sound fun!) We have to stick with little 20-30 minute hikes right now! But Kanab is a good area for that! :) Tell Lindsey Hi for us....I read her last e-mail, it was neat, I forgot how much I enjoy hearing from missionaries!

Shanan Wasden said...

Hey Shelly! i finally got a hold of a hapari director. i'm so sorry you didn't get your shore shirt, there must have been some kind of mix up. They said they are so sorry and she will check your order and send it out to ya asap! i' guessing you should get it within a week if they send it soon. please let me know if you dont. once again i apologize for the inconvinience!