Monday, June 16, 2008

Dad's Newsletter

Howdy everyone,
Well summer is off and running. Time starts to fly, and even though we have more daylight hours it seems that we never have enough time to get everything done. We have had a beautiful spring here in Southern Utah and have managed to get in a few really fun camp outs & hikes. It should start getting hot now even though the high mountains are still picking up snow. Shelly is gone to Salt Lake for a Teacher Conference this week and Andrew is at his first EFY. So Dawson and I are here alone starving to death because we ate all the cereal and really what else is there if you’re wife is gone and you don’t even know how to open a can. Dawson Jonathon and I went sailing Monday night in a very strong wind. Some of you have been sailing with me before so you probably know what happened. We were flying along so fast that we couldn’t even see cause of the water spraying in our faces and suddenly out of nowhere a huge wave reached up and pulled our boat down to Davey Jones locker right out from under us. Yep after nearly 20 years as Captain of my ship I finally had the chance to go down with my ship. The boat hit the water so hard it broke my boat in half and so my sailing days may be over for awhile. We put Lindsey in the MTC a week ago and she says that she is having a great time and loves her companion . We are planning on being at the reunion and hope to see everyone there. Love the Dan Flakes

No comments: